Returns & Exchanges
Customer satisfaction is important to us and we will work with you and the manufacturer of your product to facilitate a positive buying experience. Please use care to confirm the features and technical specifications of all products before placing your order.
All Major Appliance purchases whether made instore or online are non-returnable. Items should be inspected thoroughly at the time of delivery. If you are not satisfied, you must refuse the item before signing the delivery receipt and contact Universal Appliances Customer Service at 613-521-5002 x 225. Be sure to report any product defects or damages with delivery personnel. Damages must be reported within 48 hours of delivery. Universal Appliances reserves the right to limit or refuse to accept returns at their discretion.
Please also note the following applicable policies:
- All product has a minimum of 1 year manufacturer warranty (some exceptions apply)
- All product defects or recalls are subject to manufacturer's warranty
- All defects will be assessed by a technician prior to a return being authorized
- All returns and exchanges must be authorized in writing prior to drop-off or pickup of products
- If an authorized return is approved, we will complete the exchange for the same model. A re-selection will be offered if no replacement is available
- No returns or exchanges on used or installed products
- All authorized returns or exchanges must include all included accessories and manuals
- All authorized returns and exchanges on new, unused, undamaged product are subject to a 25% restocking fee, refundable upon approved inspection of the unit(s) once returned to our warehouse
- You may cancel your order at any time before delivery, but if your product has already been ordered from the manufacturer you may be subject to a 25% restocking fee
- Pickup orders require return-authorized returns/exchanges to be conducted at location of original pickup
- Custom orders are not eligible for return or exchange Clearance
- Floor models or open box products are sold "as-is" and are not eligible for return or exchange
- We offer 2 to 4 year Service Protection Plan (SPP) warranties on most products to provide you with confidence of ownership. These warranties are sold by Universal Appliances and serviced by Comerco
Price Match Policy
We will work hard to earn your business and part of our commitment to serving you better is keeping our prices competitive. Should you find the same product in our showroom advertised at a lower price somewhere else (and by an authorized dealer), we will either meet or beat that price.*
What you need to know
The merchandise must be the same brand and model, advertised in the same trading area, under the same terms and conditions, finance terms, (including any administrative fee or delivery charge) and must be in stock and available at the advertised price.
Our price match is based on the overall net pricing of a package (multiple products) not individual pricing. We take into consideration all additional charges such as delivery, removals, taxes, rebates, and manufacturer's promotions (such as gifts with purchase). We can also price match multiple products from multiple competitor locations.
Acceptable forms of proof of price
- Written pricing on competitor's paperwork
- Advertised pricing
- Web pricing
Unacceptable forms of proof of price
- Cards with handwritten prices
- Personal paperwork with handwritten prices
All you have to do is bring in the paperwork indicating the lower price you have found elsewhere, and if your product qualifies, we'll gladly price match it for you. It's that simple.
*We reserve the right to selectively choose when we will or will not price match for a customer. Many factors come into play when price matching, including the type and brand of product in question, and as such we implement the Price Match Guarantee on a case-by-case basis. We will NOT price match dollar for dollar on any web-only competition. Our Price Match Guarantee does not apply to advertised price errors (online, in print, or otherwise), rebates, coupons, free bonus offers, clearance items, factory closeouts, store opening specials, time specials or limited quantity offers (e.g. Boxing Day, Black Friday), builder rebates, auction website prices, licensed departments, club retailers, co-op or wholesale purchases, U.S. or Internet-only retailers, bundle promotional offers, or products sold without a manufacturer's warranty.